Today in Honors Algebra 2, my class that has embraced the ingredient of the month, I prepared a cheese board to highlight this month’s star – pumpkin. We enjoyed five cheeses paired with a pumpkin compote, and the variety gave students an opportunity to sample various textures and sources. Starting to the left of the crackers:
- Morbier (France) – a semi soft cow’s milk with vegetable ash through the middle
- Brillat Savarin (France) – a soft, decadent triple cream cow’s milk (the class favorite)
- Pepato (Sicily) – a semi hard sheep’s milk with black peppercorns
- Valdeon (Spain) – a semi soft cow’s milk blue wrapped in chestnut leaves
- Manchego(Spain) – a firm sheep’s milk
Please pardon the paper plate…remember, the cheese (and pumpkin) are the stars!